To backup, restore or transfer whatsapp chat messages on Android Phone with WhatsApp Messenger v2.11.444 or newer, please try one of the following options:
Option 1: Root your Android Phone
You can refer to the tutorial on how to root Android Phone in a few simply clicks.
Option 2: Install a modified version WhatsApp Messenger on Android
Step 0: Preparations :
A. Make sure you have sim card with phone number on your Android Phone.
B. Make sure WhatsApp Messenger is active on Android Phone. (You can send & receive whatsapp message on your Android).
C. If you have moved your sim card to another device and verified WhatsApp with the same phone number, please follow these steps:
1) Move the sim card from your another device back to your Android Phone.
2) Shot down your another device.
3) Install WhatsApp Messenger from Google Play on your Android Phone.
4) Verify WhatsApp Messenger with your sim card phone number again on Android Phone.
Step 1: Disconnect WhatsApp from Google Drive Backup.
1) Go to drive.google.com on your computer.
2) Click "My Drive"->"Settings"-> "Manage Apps".
3) Choose "WhatsApp Messenger", click "Options"->"Disconnect from Drive".
Note:If you have a large backup on drive, it may take a few minutes to display WhatsApp Messenger in Apps list.
Step 2: Backup WhatsApp Conversations on Android Phone.(Skip if you don't have any whatsapp message on Android)
1) Go to WhatsApp > [Menu Button] > Settings > Chat Settings
2) Tap [Backup Conversations]
Step 3: Uninstall current version WhatsApp Messenger from your Android Phone.
Note: If WhatsApp Messenger is pre-installed on your phone, please go to "Settings" => "Apps" => "WhatsApp" on your Android Phone, And then click "Disable" button.
Step 4: Download a modified version WhatsApp Messenger(APK file) from the following link onto your computer.
Note: The apk file has been modified to allow adb backup by a 3rd party Android App developer.
Step 5: Copy the downloaded APK file from computer to your Android Phone.
Step 6: Run the APK file to install modified version WhatsApp Messenger on your Android Phone.
Tutorial: How to install App without using Google Play?
Step 7: During the installation process, WhatsApp will automatically find your backup and ask you if you would like to restore it. Click yes to restore chats from the backup file which was created in step 2. Once restored, your backup chat messages will reappear again on your Phone.
Step 8: Now connect your Android Phone to Backuptrans software to backup, restore or transfer whatsapp chats without rooting.
Tip: Reinstall the normal version WhatsApp Messenger on Android Phone.
After backup, restore or transfer whatsapp chats using Backuptrans software, we recommend you to reinstal the normal version WhatsApp Messenger back to your Android Phone. Just follow these simple steps:
1) Backup whatsapp data on Android Phone.(Check the above step 2)
2) Uninstall the modified version WhatsApp Messenger from your Android.
3) Download and install the normal version WhatsApp Messenger from Google Play on your Android Phone
4) During the installation process, WhatsApp will automatically find your backup and ask you if you would like to restore it. Click yes to restore chats from backup file.
If you have any question, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
comments powered by Disqus